GVH Lagoon Valley XC Challenge
September 6, 2020 -- Sunday
This is race is open to all runners, members and non-members. The race on Aug 31, 2019 received good reviews for the smooth footing, challenging hill, early start, and central location between the Bay Area and Sacramento. This year, the big high school Lagoon Valley Classic will be held on Saturday, the day before our race.
Note the earlier race times to take advantage of the cool delta morning:
- 0800 Master's Men (40+)
- 0845 Women
- 0930 Open Men
This is the classic 3 mile high school varsity XC course with aptly name Big Mama hill in the first mile
Enjoy this video of the course
Additional Attractions / Activities:
- Bring your dog to the dog park next to the lagoon.
- Park has biking and hiking trails, and disc golf.
- The outlet malls are only a couple of exits away.
- Plan your trip at www.visitvacaville.com/
We also suggest:
- Journey Coffee https://www.journeycoffeeco.com/, (the donut shop next door often has lines out the door)
- Heretic Brewing in Fairfield
- There are multiple food options at the Nut Tree shopping and Outlet Mall areas.
- From the Bay Area on east bound I-80, take the Pena Adobe exit.
- From Sacramento on west bound I-80, take exit 51B and follow the signs to Lagoon Valley Park
THREE REGISTRATION OPTIONS
- By Mail
- Fill out online form and pay via PayPal
- Online with Ultra Sign-up
Mail in registration is closed.
Day of race registration is $30.
On -line registration is closed
If you have problems with registration, email email@example.com
Look here for Race Results
Thanks to all of you who came out to race in 2019. Kudos to the City of Vacaville for prepping the course to make sure the footing was good and the hazards were well marked over this course with 2 big hills. Here are the results. Please notify me, Craighton, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Here is the link to the Results